Support Us If You Love The Services We Provide To You. Share our blog posts to your friends and loved ones so you will keep us in business.
It Will Cost You Nothing, Just Consider It As Your Own Little Way Of Pushing The Website Forward. WE NEED ALL YOUR SUPPORT PLEASE!!!
Yul Edochie is one of the most prolific actor in Nollywood. He has been in the industry for over 14 years and has generated so much experience in the field of acting. So therefore, in this article, I will be sharing with you 10 real facts about Nollywood famous actor Yul Edochie that you probably didn’t know.
- Yul Chibuike Daniel Edochie popularly known as Yul Edochie is a famous Nollywood actor, model, producer, politician, investor, entrepreneur and a television personality. He is very handsome and acts mostly in action and romantic movies. He is currently married with beautiful kids. He is the last son of Nollywood legendary actor Pete Edochie.
- He was born on 7th January 1982 in Lagos, Nigeria into a well grounded Christian family made up of six children which comprises of only boys and he is the last born baby in the house. He is currently 37 years old. He completed his primary school education in Enugu State in the south eastern part of Nigeria and obtained his First School Leaving Certificate after which he completed his secondary school education in Lagos State in the south western part of Nigeria and obtained his West African Senior School Certificate.
- Yul Edochie is originally from Anambra State in the south eastern part of Nigeria and grew up both in Enugu and Lagos respectively. After completing his primary and secondary school education, he had the passion for acting which took him to study Theatre Arts at the prestigious University of Port Harcourt in River State in the south southern part of Nigeria. In 2003, Yul Edochie graduated from the University of Port Harcourt where he bagged a Bachelor Degree in Theatre Arts.
- After completing his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Yul Edochie joined the Nigeria movie industry popularly known as Nollywood and started his professional acting career in 2005. That same year, he acted in his first movie titled “The Exquires” alongside with Chidi Mokeme and Justice Esiri. The movie was a blockbuster and received several positive reviews by film critics. The movie received commercial success and skyrocket him to fame.
- Yul Edochie became highly famous in 2007 after starring in a Nollywood blockbuster movie titled “Wind of Glory” a movie he starred alongside with Nollywood famous actress Genevieve Nnaji. In 2009, he won the award for Best New Actor at the City Peoples Entertainment Award and in 2011, was also nominated for Best Actor of the Year at the City Peoples Entertainment Award.
- In 2010, Yul Edochie received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Africa Movie Academy Awards for Most Accomplished Actor in Nigeria. He has often been described as one of the best actors of his generation and also one of Nigeria’s most famous actors who act exactly like his father Pete Edochie. Even though his father (Pete Edochie) was already famous, Yul Edochie wanted to be his own man, make his own name and not live under the shadows of his father.
- Yul Edochie aside from acting is also a movie producer and a politician. He has produced several movies under his production name. In 2018, he contested for Governor of Anambra State and lost the election to Willie Obiano. In 2019, Yul Edochie wanted to contest for Presidency in the Nigerian general election, but later changed his mind and supported the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate Atiku Abubakar. He was later appointed as Senior Special Assistant to the Governor of Anambra State on Arts, Culture and Tourism.
- Yul Edochie is currently married, he got married few years ago to the love of his life and the marriage is currently blessed with two beautiful kids. Their wedding ceremony was attended by several celebrities, public figures and important dignitaries from the Nigerian entertainment industry. Yul Edochie career in the Nigerian movie industry has grown beyond bounds and his fan has increased. He is now ranked as one of the most expensive actors in Nigeria and charges nothing less than one million naira per movie.
- Yul Edochie has acted in more than 100 Nollywood movies. Some of the movies he has acted include The Billionaires, Innocent Pain, My Loving Heart, Gaza Treasure, Royal Challenge, amongst others. Aside from acting, Yul Edochie is also a philanthropist and a humanitarian. In 2011, he founded the Yul Edochie foundation which aims at giving back to the society and helping the less privileged.
- Yul Edochie has received a national award by the Nigerian Federal Government as a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which happens to be the highest award given to a celebrity who has contributed immensely to the economic growth of the country. Yul Edochie currently has an estimated net worth of over $2 million, making him one of the richest and most influential actors in Nigeria.